Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Second Garden Review : Weed Annihilation (Reconstruction)

Chelsea's Garden



This past month I've been working on Chelsea's Garden in 82 Alexandra Street, St Kilda East.

What I've done is basically the reconstruction of the garden by annihilating or just maintaining the weeds and it is so frustrating on knowing the fact that it's not actually our weeds!

This is what I meant (see the picture below):

This is a picture of their pathway to the garden that I pruned two weeks ago (before it was absolutely impassible, so I think I did a pretty good job there :D). Notice that the Hedera helix actually belongs to the neighbor as it crawls from the other side of the fence, not only that on the back of the garden some Ipomoea indica also crawls in and have even reached the grass!
Here's what I think: gardening is actually a community job! If residents wanted a good atmosphere for their place, they also need a good corporation between each others in handling their plants since it contributed the most on the environment factor. If one garden look amazing with high maintenance, but the other are not taken care, at all. Sooner or later those unmaintained garden will dominate the good garden and every garden will look disastrous. I'm clearly not saying that everyone should have a high maintainable for their garden, but at least take care of the weeds ! After all weeds like Hedera helix tend to have a 10x faster growth rate then most garden plants.

Other than that on my reconstruction, I also cleared up a lot of spaces that was dominated by Weeds.
Into this ....

Make the picnic table usable again....

Into this ....


Into this ....

Results =

And finally up-rooted this dead(at least I think it's dead) tree monsters on the front garden!

Into this ....


Henceforth a lot of spaces for reconstruction \(^^)/


and the end of my third garden review, thanks for reading
- Justin H Kusnandar




3 comments:

  1. They should pay you more.

    And I know what you mean with the weeds, the neighbors weeds (mainly Kikuyu) sneak over because the fence is too high. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fence are just useless , really for weeds like these.

    Kikuyu sprouts under them and the Ivy just go above them -_-;

    I just sprayed some poison hopefully they will perish from the land, seriously. I think the pay should be fine i'm still under 18 so not expecting much :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin, I think you're a hard worker - very important in garden renovations!

    ReplyDelete